What do you have to do?
Absolutely nothing! The platform update will be pushed out automatically.
- Guaranteed to free up expensive primary storage space, saving you money and putting you in control of your data.
- Saves disk usage costs by essentially tiering data from local high-cost storage to lower-cost Storage Platform storage.
- Archived data is always available on demand.
- Data redundancy is ensured before archiving occurs.
- Safety features are in place to ensure normal operation of a computer with archived data.
FSR - New Features
FSR from local copy
Massively cut down on restore time for your customers servers, as you can now restore from a local USB \ NAS drive backup to a virtual machine.
FSR exclude \ resize drives
When restoring a virtual machine, you want to get that server up and running quickly, but don’t need the drive containing your archive \ static data immediately. You can now exclude these drives from the restore process.
ESE - New Features
Operating System support
Windows 7 32bit
Windows 8 32bit
Windows 8.1 32bit
Windows 10 32bit
CentOS 7 32bit & 64bit
New Java 8
Improved speed for backups \ restores.
Underlying security improvements.
Show file count whilst scanning.
Show files in Windows File Explorer.
SE to ESE conversion will start a backup as soon as it completes
Local index retention configurable
VSS Snapshot retries
32bit SE to ESE conversion
Restore speed improvements
Show files in File Explorer.
Redstor Show Files
SQL Offline database handling improvements (18.6)
By default, offline database files will be kept in the backup selection. This can be changed to remove offline databases and files from the backup.
Default restore path =C:\Restore
New System Tray app - This has been a complete re-write of the System Tray icon and no longer needs admin permission.
SE - New Features
SE to ESE conversion 32bit support
D&L - New Features
D&L to ESE 32bit + 64bit conversion
If you’d like to upgrade any SE or D&L accounts to ESE to get all the benefits of the new ESE agent, then please contact our support team who will be able to assist with this.